Hello Lady Vikings Soccer family,
ATHLETICS REGISTRATION for “Season 1” of the 2020-21 school year has been reopened! This is an optional season for all sports able to practice, which includes soccer. Student-athletes may participate in multiple sports. We are still limited in what we can do in practices and workouts, but want to make the most of this opportunity to get back on the field and in the weightroom. Because this is an official Oregon School Activities Association season all participating student-athletes must register through FamilyID, have an up-to-date physical (good for two years), and be in good academic standing.
PRACTICE UPDATE FOR WEDNESDAY 1/6: Field practice, 6:45-8:15pm on NSHS turf (enter from Olinger parking lot)
PRACTICE UPDATE FOR FRIDAY 1/8: Field practice, 6:45-8:15pm on NSHS turf
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we must all follow specific procedures and know some guideliens to ensure we can stay out on the field. For student-athletes, those include:
1. WEAR A FACE COVERING when entering and leaving the field, and during practice breaks
2. MAINTAIN 6ft SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES from when you arrive until you leave the field – that includes during all practice exercises!
3. ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CURRENT HEALTH HONESTLY! Stay home if you feel sick, and LET A COACH KNOW if you start feeling symptoms of illness during practice
4. Water will not be provided; you must bring your own. Hand sanitizer is provided but recommended players have their own
5. LEAVE THE FIELD/FACILITY IMMEDIATELY after the session ends
For parent/guardians, and other spectators:
1. NOBODY BUT COACHES AND ATHLETES ARE ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY/ON THE FIELD!
2. MAINTAIN 6ft SOCIAL DISTANCING when in the parking lot or around the facility
3. CONFIRM YOUR ATHLETE’S HEALTH before letting her participate
4. LEAVE THE FIELD/FACILITY IMMEDIATELY after the session ends
For sessions at North please show up a few minutes early so we can check everyone in while following these procedures as best as possible.
We – parent/guardians, athletes, and coaches – must follow all of these guidelines to ensure we can stay out on the field, and help protect our community’s health. Failure to do so could result in practices being shut down again. Please respect these requirements no matter your personal views.
Thank you for your understanding and let’s make the most of this opportunity to have practices and workouts again. GO VIKS!